Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Skeptic's Search For God.

During the past years to fore, I'd always had questions.


Questions about the Bible.


Stuff that whirled through my head sometimes when I was listening to lectures and in church and all that are like :
  • Everybody seems to just assume and just take it that the Bible is true. How can they just assume that? What if the Word Of God, Old Testament and New Testament somehow got 'messed up' during all those years of scribes copying and copying the scriptures? What if further errors happened when translating them into other languages?
  • How do you know it's true?
  • Can you prove it's true?
  • Maybe the Bible's a whole bluff. Maybe it's not correct. Maybe, all those 'fulfillment of prophecy' that were 'recorded' by the disciples were just written by the disciples and anybody who wrote just to fit into what the prophecy said about Jesus.
  • Eyewitnesses(those people like maybe the disciples and other people who wrote some of the books of the Bible based on what they saw) tend to exaggerate things a little. Even add things here and there to make things more interesting.


I didn't know much then. I hated it and it irritated me very much when I asked and people pull this 'scandalous' expression, like, "how can you doubt?!?!" kind of look on their faces.
I didn't like to be expected to believe without question.

But then I read and I read more and during those readings I had 'Oh' times when some of those questions were answered.

And recently I read this particular book, 'A Skeptic's Search For God' by Ralph O' Muncaster.

And I had a lot of 'Oh' moments.

Ralph was an atheist. An intelligent one. For years he believed and argued on the side of evolution. Then came along this salesperson who he happened to be arguing with, who challenged him to prove either that God didn't exist or prove Evolution or something.

And this dude, Ralph, he went through and extensive research(which includes mathematical calculations, ew) which more and more only proved that Evolution was impossible.

Which then means that God did make earth after all.

And then he researched the Old Testament and New Testament by method of testing out the prophecies and their fufilments and proved that, after all, they were correct.

Lots of 'Oh' moments, no?

It answered a lot of questions for me. I certainly recommend this book for reading, it's very informative and enlightening. =)




- Alexis -

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've got the same book same book and find that Ralph gives a good testimony as to how he came to know the Lord through his personal searching. Also in it, he puts forward some good points that shows the sheer impossibility for evolution to hold weight.